Thursday, February 10, 2011

The new rule.........Hug it out!

Well I am trying out something new in the Super Mom house......

RESPECT

Well that's not new but I have a new approach. I have raised my kids like I have said in a previous post to not hit each other. I hate seeing siblings beating the crap out of each other with the parents saying "they are siblings its what they do" Well did you know that if your child goes to school or a doctor or anyone and tells them that they are being abused at home..even though it is the sibling...abuse is abuse is abuse whether it is at the hands of a parent or sibling. Social Services can be involved and who wants that? That is my public service announcement. Now back to my story.

I am working on this whole new scream free parenting stuff....its not going as good as I wanted but my kids are getting hostile in the yelling at each other way. That to me is disrespectful. I always tell the kids to speak to each other with respect and understanding. HA this is not happening. Well 2 days ago I was downstairs getting all the kids ready for school. I hear yelling so I tune in to my super sonic super mom ears and listen....

Shay: I DID NOT SPIT ON YOUR ARM BRI!!!!

Bri: YES YOU DID!!!! LOOK ITS TOOTHPASTE RIGHT THERE....YOU DID IT!!

Shay: NO I DIDN'T BRI (now starting to get that whining voice (which I hate) ) STOP SAYING THAT!!!!

In the meantime...I'm creeping up the steps.

Bri: Next time I'm gonna spit on your arm to see how you like it (Do unto others..just backfired)

Supermom: What is going on up here? Why are you to yelling at each other?

Bri and Shay: She No I didn't spit on my I swear I didn't arm and she is blaming me and I YES YOU DID I didn't spit on her,,,YES YOU DID....

(Grrrrrrrrrrrr)

Supermom: HUG HUG EACH OTHER RIGHT NOW....HUG!!!!!!

Bri and Shay: Embracing (painfully I might add)

Supermom: I tell you guys all the time about yelling at each other. Its not nice and how does it make you feel (girls are still hugging)

Bri: She made me......(I put up my hand)

Supermom: You didn't answer my question..

Bri: sad

Shay: sad

Supermom: Right do you like when I yell at you?

Bri and Shay: NO

(Girls are still hugging)

Supermom: Now how could you have handled it better.

Bri: I don't know not yelled at her.

Supermom: Right. Did she spit on your arm on purpose?

Bri: No

Supermom: Shay did you?

Shay: No but I....(hand up again)

Supermom: I didn't ask for a but I asked you if you did it on purpose?

Shay: no

Supermom: Bri when Shay spit on your arm where you reaching across the sink? If Shay was brushing her teeth why would you reach across the sink because you know she has to spit. I don't think she waited to spit on you. Now Shay when Bri told you that you spit on her arm which I am sure you did (Shay: BUT..... hand up again) Let me finish Shay. I am sure it was by accident the nicer response would have been...I'm sorry Bri I didn't mean to here rinse your arm off. Not NO I DIDN'T!!!! The toothpaste spit doesn't fall from the ceiling. Bri next time don't yell at your sister. Tell her that she accidental spit on your arm. Don't get all high in mighty its a little bit of spit its not like she hocked a logy in your face.

(Girls are still hugging)

Supermom: How would you feel if you left here and the bus was in a accident and one of you was harmed really bad or fatally (God forbid) and the last thing you said to your sister was mean and nasty and not really called for..

Bri and Shay: Really sad.

Supermom: Right....now what is a better way to handle this.

Bri: I'm sorry Shay I didn't mean to yell at you. It was a accident and I will be better at telling you next time I love you.

Shay: I'm sorry I spit on your arm it was a accident. I am sorry I yelled at you I love you to.

Supermom: Now hug like you mean it and lets get ready for school!

The fight: WIN


5 minutes later

SUPERMOM: HURRY UP YOUR GONNA MISS THE BUS!!! I SWEAR IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN THESE STEPS RIGHT NOW I'M GONNA COME UP THERE AND YOU ARE GOING TO BE HATING LIFE!! I'M TAKING EVERYTHING YOU HEAR ME EVERYTHING!!!!! COMPUTER, PHONE, DS, WII......



Scream Free Parenting.....EPIC FAIL! Will keep trying but its not looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment