Friday, June 8, 2012

Just to catch everyone up. The surgery trip!

Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.

On May 24th B and I boarded a plane at BWI and flew 3 and half hours to Dallas where we waited 2 and half hours to catch a hour flight to Tulsa! We were flying to an event that would change our lives. Finally, it was our day for the vasectomy reversal!  It was pushing 10 o'clock at night so we got our rental car and headed for the Tulsa hotel to sleep. We woke early Friday morning and started our hour drive to Muskogee, OK.

About 10 miles from the hotel we were stuck in gridlock traffic due to an accident and apparently in Oklahoma they don't like you turning around because every intersection and side road was BLOCKED. We sat for an hour not moving. I have to say I panicked! We were a few hours from surgery and I was worried we were not going to make it! Once traffic started moving I felt better and a short time later we checked into the hotel. We were staying at the Laquinta Hotel a short drive from Dr. Wilson's office. He recommends them I am assuming for their hospitality. When we checked in the desk manager saw we were staying there with the Dr. Wilson rate and immediately started looking for an "easy" room. She placed us in a SUITE right next to the elevator and then handed me a bag full of hotel Dove body wash, Herbal Essence shampoo, Crest toothpaste...just loads of it. Once we were in the room we realized it was HUGE. Microwave, refrigerator, big desk, Nice clean room. Bathroom had a shower seat and a big shower. I am guessing Dr. Wilson and them have a deal going on LOL. B went to prep for surgery and shower and I was unpacking all our "supplies." The phone rings??? I was the desk manager to make sure we had EVERYTHING we needed and if we were satisfied with the room. I have never had any hotel I have stayed in do that!

Finally 2:30pm rolls around and its time to leave. Brian now has his moment of second guessing his decision. He even joked and said he wanted to look into Donor Sperm LOL. We laughed and snuggled for a minute and  then we left. Once we arrived at Dr. Wilson's office I immediately realized this was where we were meant to go. His office was beautiful and we walked into him playing Christian music through the speakers throughout the whole building. That was very comforting. We waited for a while as Dr W. was prepping the room returning phone calls and answering emails. In order to offer such low rates he has NO office staff it is just him. He then came to get us and took us to another room with a recliner, couch and loveseat. He gave us a file to sign our pre-op paperwork and then sat down and did his pre-op talk. He went over the risks and the surgery and then he asked if he could pray with us. His prayer was BEAUTIFUL. He asked God for the wisdom to do the surgery, the eyes to see to correct, the hands to heal and asked God to allow him to be the instrument in the Lords greater plan. Ultimatly the Lord is the great physician he was just his instrument.
               I almost cried at this moment!
As Dr. W. went to set the room up and prep B for surgery I left and went to the pharmacy to fill B's prescription. I came back and sat in the room and waited.......About 10 minutes later Dr. W. came and got me and told me I could come back and be with B. I walked in and Dr. W was at a microscope and Brian was on the table. I couldn't see anything just that his "area" had something going on.....I just sat with my back to his groin right beside B's head.  I would rub his head and held his hand and he fell asleep and was in and out of sleep for the remainder of the surgery. We didn't speak, I just read my book and touched him. It was comforting to share those moments with him.

After about 2 hours Dr. W. informed us he was finishing up and that everything looked GREAT! He didn't see any reason that Brian and I couldn't conceive. He found heads and partial tails on the right side and clear fluid on the left.  B and I teared up. When B starts getting emotional I cant help but be emotional as well. B thanked Dr. W for everything and Dr. W. stopped him and said to not give him thanks but give the Lord all the thanks for he was the reason he does what he does. It was all very emotional.

We arrived back at the hotel and B laid in bed. He stayed there the remainder of the the trip. I spoiled him with Buffalo Wild Wings, Junk food galore, and all my attention!! We rested all day Saturday and then left on Sunday to fly home. It was a long day we finally arrived home around midnight Sunday night and we were so happy to see our babies! B stayed out of work for a week to rest I only took Monday (Memorial Day) off. B had lots of swelling, bruising and discomfort but after a week he was good to go.

We are now in the final healing stages and I have already been prepping my body for conception. Taking vitamins, Folic Acid, Had blood work done to make sure all my levels were good and B has been doing his coconut juice Ginger and Turmeric for inflammation. Taking his multivitamin and eating healthy.

Hoping to conceive in the next 3 months! Wish us luck and baby dust! Here are some picture from our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment