Tuesday, November 9, 2010

F'ing Socks.......

First, Let me get something VERY clear...I MARRIED A PARTNER! I have been told a couple times I told this story I should be very happy he folded socks....

Sunday morning started out like yet another movie morning! I woke up early (thank you time change) and started making coffee and cleaning my kitchen. One by one my family rose and one by one they all started helping me make breakfast. It was PERFECT! We made this big ole family breakfast and sat down to enjoy it together for the first time in MONTHS (its been busy for us with soccer, and cheerleading oh and LIFE!) We all got up from the table and then the real day had begun! I looked around and saw cobwebs real cobwebs not halloween decorations but real ones and DUST BUNNIES running RAMPED in my house! I start cleaning. B walks into the kitchen and says "I hate when I see you cleaning" my reply "Why?" he says...cause this means I cant sit on my ass and watch TV. I said....Well you can but your a grown ass man who can make his own decisions and you also know you have to live with your consequences (My constant bitching). He looks at me and says 'WHAT are you trying to get done today" I look at him with a look of I may hit you for that comment and say "B look around this house its GROSS I have cobwebs and spots on the hard wood floor look at the tables the dust bunnies are having massive orgies and multiping all over the place I NEED TO DEEP CLEAN!!!!" He says...what can I do? I told him to do the upstairs which consists of our bedroom, bathroom, hallway and the kids bathroom which only gets a chemical wipe down because the kids clean it along with their bedrooms. Easy right???? I had the kitchen, dining room, bathroom, livingroom, hallway which I might add is ALL HARDWOOD!

B and I have had a discussion about hiring a housekeeper to do my grunt work stuff because I feel like I am drowning..running the roads, doing errands, grocery shopping, working 11 hour days, and taking care of the kids where is the time for housework....Judging by the state of my house on Sunday I don't have any! He keeps thinking its not possible instead of trying to figure out how we can make it work and make me more sane and happy! I had told him this before he goes upstairs to "CLEAN" and he did seem to listen to my plea for help and understand how I felt or so I thought!

Two and a half hours go by and I am SWEATING! I am dusting and cleaning and scrubbing...getting eye level with my hardwood to make sure I got all the spots I vacuumed all the way up the steps I am out of breath and sweating profusely and I round the corner to my bedroom and...........

I FIND B SITTING ON THE BED!!!!! He yells..."Look babe look at all the socks matched and folded WOW its alot" I look at the pile and I KIRKED OUT!!! At first I tried to breath and calm myself but then when I looked at the dust and disorganization of my upstairs and the dirty bathroom and the unswept floors I just LOST MY MIND!!!!!!

I turned to him and I Yelled angrily....ITS BEEN 2 AND A HALF HOURS AND ALL YOU HAVE DONE IS FOLDED FUCKING SOCKS!!!! FUCKING SOCKS B FUCKING SOCKS!!!!!! I just told you I was drowning and if we couldn't afford a housekeeper you would step up and HELP ME and I am BUSTING my ASS downstairs CLEANING and your up here sitting on the bed FOLDING FUCKING SOCKS!!!!! Your the MOST inconsiderate, selfish, person I have ever met! I cannot believe when I practically get on my knees and plea for my life that I need help and I give you the SIMPLE job of upstairs you choose to FOLD FUCKING SOCKS!!!! He says......and I quote....."Folding socks is not simple" I am SCREAMING AT HIM and that is his reply Now I am IRATE!!! Is my husband really THAT simple!

I started telling him about PRIORITY! The basket of unclaimed socks is a LOW priority next to my toilets that are as bad as Texaco (not really but I feel that way). The floors in the bathroom has more hair and dust then this chest! I had to prepare to leave to head and hour and 30 minutes away for a funeral for my best friend though high schools dads funeral I walked into the bathroom looked at him and said..."I cant deal with this right now I have to leave and I shouldnt have to deal with this on a day like today!" and he left me alone

Going back to the first sentence I had a friend tell me if she could slap me she would because atleast my husband even folded the socks????!!!!????? Really???? That may be the life that you chose but I chose to marry a PARTNER not a room mate or sperm donor for my children!! I married a partner/father. We run this marriage on a 50/50 partnership. We need to work together as a team to run this family! If he can cut the grass so can I, If I can dust so can he! This is not 1950 anymore!!! If I didnt have to work I would NEVER expect him to do anything! When I didnt work it was all done! I had 2 small children 2 years apart and always had everything under control! B still helped with midnight feedings, and diaper changes and dishes and laundry when I needed him to which was not very often but when I went back to work its not fair to expect me to continue to handle all that AND a job your household IS a full time job! If you know someone who is a house wife and her husband does NOTHING ask her how happy she really is! Even after this meltdown on Sunday I do know that I can look at B and say....I have had a really bad day can I go take a uninterrupted HOT bath and he will keep an eye on the kids so I can!

I guess this major moment of loss of all reality was a wake up call for him he bitched about how long it took to dust the room and asked if we could downsize he spent the remaining hours before our daughters soccer tournament CLEANING!!!! ..ONE GOOD THING TO COME OUT OF THIS......He agreed to let me get a HOUSEKEEPER! The compromise.....After January 1st and the holidays....I am okay with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment