Monday, October 11, 2010

Romance and the Puffer Fish!

The story of a married couple seeking some romantic alone time watching a sunset...and having a moment interrupted by a Johnny Crain and a Puffer Fish!


So B and I had my mom keep the kids and we went down to the beach at the campgrounds to watch the sunset and maybe sneak in a quick little crazy make out session :) Well it started like this....



Photobucket


Awwwwww cute right! Who wouldnt want to kiss with a skyline like this..

Photobucket


Well....its must also be feeding time for the Johnny Crains as well....B and I saw one land on the rocks off the shoreline. We watched it for a minute hopping around and thought for a minute about how cool they are and B did his King of the Hill....I can heal you Wooolllooooo looooo loooooo thing he always does when he sees one. Well my photography brain kicked into overdrive and all I had was my stupid cell phone but wanted a cute picture of our intertwinded feet and the sunset in the background! Apparently even B's feet are not photogenic...he was being ridiculous and laying in the sand not cooperating and as I laughed at him and punched him around in the sand (playfully of course) I noticed the crain was flying with something in its mouth. I told B to "Look the crain has something in its mouth!!!" He looks up about the time what was hanging out of the mouth of the crain drops to the ground! It made this hollowed out 'THUD" sound, I looked at B and said "What the hell is that" it looked like a ball bouncing on the ground and rolling...The crain landing right beside it. B says lets go check it out. So we get up and run down the beach like playfull teenagers racing to get there first and I was the FIRST to arrive. I see it and it looks like a white textured ball so I leaned over it closer to get a better look I told B "It looks like a ball of some sort??? and then it happened...It made a like spitting/hissing sound I screamed and Ran Like Megan in a clown house! Yelling as I ran down the beach squealing and jumping around ...IT HISSED AT ME AHHHHHHHHH OMG ( insert heebie jeebies dance) and B laughs and walks up to it and says...What the Hell is it?? Meanwhile I am still in the background doing the heebie jeebie dance and Brian is grabing a stick to inspect the alien that fell from the sky. Me (from a safer distance says..What is it?) B turns and says "ITS A PUFFER FISH!" A puffer WHAT I said....he says a Puffer Fish! I now walk closer and look at it with B. and here we are poking it...

Photobucket


And then B picked it up with one of the contraptions he always has in his pocket so I could get a better look at it!

Photobucket


It was a real live puffer fish! It was kinda cool minus the whole hissing and spitting thing. But it was trying to deflat...so we saved it and B threw it back into the water where it floated for a minute still hissing and spitting like a balloon with the end squeezed open and then all of a sudden...it deflated and swam away! So we marveled in the weirdness that our romantic evening had turned into the rescue of a strange fish. But then again how can you let a moment like this go to waste...so we watched the sun set melt in to the river and we snuggled and played around like teenagers (fun stuff not dirty you crazy people). Took in the moment and enjoyed each other and the amazing view in front of us....

Going....

Photobucket


Going....

Photobucket


Almost.......

Photobucket


GONE!!!!!!

Photobucket

1 comment: